"OK my brother went to a weekend retreat and he wrote a long-ass speech to share with people. He mentioned you because you were the first person he trusted completely. And he included your relationships 101. And he basically said that you were the one who taught him that he had to love himself. He said that he let you go because he knew you had to go and help someone else. He just read it to me and mum and....wow...You helped him so much.... I've never seen him like this. I mean he said that for the longest time he could only ever see himself and his problems but not the world around him.But then when he learned to trust you and when you went out of your way to help him it changed something, I guess."
I feel... I feel... my heart is waking up. I feel I did something right. I feel like I helped someone who needed help. This is why I never give up. This is why I trust myself and I help other people... because the reward... it's the reward... the reward of them being better people and being the best they can be. THAT is the damn reward. For me... and the other... I want to cry but I'm too happy. Tears of joy and appreciation, if ever I start crying. It's just so rewarding to know that the person you helped is ready to help themselves and other people. it's when they understand life more and they can learn to be happy. It is so goddamn rewarding.
This is one of those moments when you realize you are a good person. It's also one of those times when your trust and hope in humanity comes back. It's when you know how much that person hurt in the past but with your help... that person was able to come out and be the person he is proud to be.
Javi, I can't even find the words to tell you how fucking proud I am of you. I know we didn't end well and I hurt you and you hurt me... but after being told that, I can't... I can't find the words to even explain what I'm feeling right now. In your own little and big way, you have become a hero. You captivated other people's hearts and souls. You shared your story. I know you have so much fear in you but you did it. YOU DID IT. You opened your heart and mind and reached out to people. THAT, THAT is fucking heroic and if I were there, I'd give you the biggest goddamn hug you will ever receive from a person. Keep going because you have so much more to give. I always told you that. You finally understand why I kept telling you to learn to love yourself. You're at the top, Javi. Nothing can stop you now. You're going to grow up being one of those people others look up to. Someone out there needs you like you needed me. Help them... it's your turn to be a hero in someone else's eyes. This is your moment. Take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment