8.12.10

Mind of a Man

This entry is for all the guys out there and for girls to read.
This is something personal so i suggest you keep your comments to yourself because we're each entitled to express our opinions of different issues.

I'm 17 years old. I belong to the male species but I have to say that belonging to the male species isn't any easier than all the things women go through. I was discussing an issue with my girlfriend and my best friend. My best friend believes that all guys are assholes no matter how nice they are. She believes that all men think about are the exteriors of women. She also believes that men are naturally like that because all they think about it showing off their girlfriends to their friends and of course... for sex. She told me that no matter how nice a guy is (he can bring her home, take care of her while she's drunk, sing her songs, and pay for everything), even if everything is great between them, a guy will never date a girl that cannot satisfy his sexual mind. If the girl doesn't have a good enough body, he will not date the girl. The thought that entered my head when she told me this was "hey! not all men are like that so don't generalize us!" but thinking about it more, I have a lot of points that I need to say.
  • Men need to remember that all women (no matter how tough they are) are still women. They can be boyish and such but they are still girls. You cannot treat girls like guys. The same way girls cannot treat boys like girls. Just because she likes video games or likes wearing t-shirts doesn't make her any less of a girl. She still wants to be treated like a lady. 
  • Men should STOP being pressured by society. NO, you do not need a girl to show of to your friends. Your friends are a bunch of fucking shits if they make fun of your girlfriend just because she's not skinny. Get into a relationship with someone you can help and have fun with. Someone you can love truly and deeply. 
  • Men need to understand that women have more insecurities. Us guys, well face it, we call the shots. Some girls are aggressive enough to tell guys their feelings but for most of the female population, they will never tell you first. They don't ask you out first. We are the ones that take girls out. We're the ones responsible for the girl. We are the ones who will protect them and listen to them when they need us. We're the ones they will depend on when things get rough. It sounds like drama but guys, trust me, you can't expect the girl to be perfect. She will have your flaws and you just have to compromise. 
  • Men need to stop thinking relationships are just a game. 
These are just a few points, I'm sure I will come up with a lot more in the future but as for now, that's what I figured out.

Trust me girls, the guy you want is rare. The guy you want to be with is never what you expect him to be. There are so many guys out there but the mind of a guy is pretty generic, so don't expect too much from us. We have a lot on our shoulders too... but I admit, us guys... we forget about your feelings. I apologize for that. I apologize for all the men who didn't give a girl a 2nd chance. I apologize for the men who only want women they can have sex with. I apologize for the men who cheat on their wives for younger girls. I apologize for the men who refuse to see the better side of a girl.

Things may not change but girls, don't give up on mr. right. He's out there and he's waiting for you. You just have to be patient.

No comments: