Dear you,
I know sometimes you feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. Sometimes you want to throw your hands up in surrender - give up - because the world can’t just give you that break you need. I know sometimes you feel worthless and unheard. You try your best to do good and change and even pay it forward but you feel like no one’s listening, no one cares, no one even notices. You try to reach out to people but all they do is give you a blank stare and it’s the most frustrating thing in the world. I know sometimes your anger gets the best of you and all the fucked up things come swirling back into the spotlight of your mind. I know you have these pains and thoughts and burdens you can’t get rid of, no matter how hard you try. I know sometimes life gets to be too much that you just have to give in to the pain. I know you cry when no one’s looking. I know it feels good to let it all out, but the pain resounds so much louder than relief.
But I want you to know that I see you, and, as cliche as this is, I’m right here. I see the pain you try to hide and the anger you try to repress. I hear the words you don’t, can’t say. All I have to do is look into your eyes or hear your voice to understand. You just have to tell me one sentence and I’ll know when your world is crashing down. It hurts to see you go through this, but I want you to know that I am here. I will always see you. I will always catch you. Even if it’s 4am on one of my cold, sleepless nights and I’m tired as fuck and in need of rest I will take your call. No matter where I am in the world, I will stay up all night chatting with you if you need me to. We don’t have to say much, I just want you to know that you’re not alone.
I want you to know that I see the good you try to do for other people and for yourself. I see how much shit the world gives you and I see you battle your way through it. When you feel worthless and alone or when you feel like the world takes you for granted, I want you to remember these words and know that you’re not. FUCK, YOU’RE NOT. Please know that I LOVE YOU. I love you and you mean the world to me. That’s one person out of the 6 billion on this planet. You mean the world to one person. And I don’t mean that in an exaggerated way… what I’m saying is we’re in this together. If you fight, I fight. If you scream, I’ll scream. When you cry I’ll be right there to listen or hand you tissues. If you want to drive around just to get rid of the stress I’ll be in that passenger’s seat. And if you die, I die.
Please, PLEASE, don’t ever forget that.
Love, me
C. wrote:
Dear You [Part Deux],I know that you’re right there. You’re the only one who has always been there. You’re the only person in the Philippines who knows how to be there for me. You’re the only person I know here who knows how to reach out to other people and make sense. I know that you see right through me and sometimes, words aren’t enough to describe what runs through my mind nowadays but even if I don’t express it to you, I know you know exactly what I’m feeling. The little gestures you do helps me. I also know that you try. You try very hard actually and I see all of that. Even if I don’t want to go out, I go out of the house to do it for you because you are my only best friend.
Life is so hard but it’s not time to give up right? I keep going because of people like you who understand what runs through my mind. No matter how demonic things can get… you won’t leave me. You know me insideout and you see me for who I really am and what I can do. I do stupid stuff sometimes… to myself and to others… but you wake me up all the time. I know i’m not alone because you’re always there. Sometimes, when I do feel alone, that’s when I remind myself that my best friend will never leave me alone and will never ever ever make me feel alone.
You’re my family. For some people it may sound sad (because we’re only 2 in this family), but they don’t know the things we have been through together. We’ve been tested so many times by God and others that we both know that what we have describes and defines what a best friend really is. It’s not only fights that we had overcome but the betrayal, personal thoughts, personality, character, growing up, family issues, parents, siblings, worry, anger, and just EVERYTHING. I don’t really know if this family will ever grow in number or not but whatever happens, you’re right, we are in this together.
Thank you, best friend. I love you too. I will put your troubles and problems before mine (all the time) because that’s how we care. Even if I am in infinite amounts of pain, I will set it aside for you because I know [for sure] that you will do the same thing for me. We don’t live in a world of delusion anymore. We’ve grown to be adults from the dreamers we once were. We don’t take each other for granted. We don’t cry over things we can control. We’re 2 out of 6 billion people who can fight. That has to say something. I’m not going to leave you and you’re not going to leave me. That’s part of this contract. Okay? When I’m ready to open up about everything (that you can probably already see), you’re going to be the first person I run to.
Love, me.
No comments:
Post a Comment