22.11.10

One year after my heart transplant...

I honestly believe that people who have a religion are simpler and stronger people.
My brother and I were having a conversation about religion vs. the homosexual world and we were asking ourselves a few questions and that topic entered the conversation. If you think about it, religion is very powerful and even if your religion is not perfect, it still helps you. Religion does something to a person. It can unite people. It can actually change a person. It can make you weak because you gain strength from it. This is something that religion does to a person and it's sad that there are so many young people who don't understand the power of religion.

I'm an open minded person when it comes to the different religions in this world. I respect Buddhism because it teaches a person about inner peace and the harmony between you and nature. Hinduism has so many beliefs and traditions that bond the people together. It unites them and makes them stronger. You have Christianity that believes in one God and every you get comes from Him. All these religions teach us about life and my brother and I came into a conclusion that every person who doesn't believe in religion will obviously have nothing in their lives. Not because it is a punishment but because they have nothing spiritual  or powerful to guide them. They are living their lives looking for something that they will never find.

This is my personal story:
I used to be this drugged, drunken, wild son of a bitch. I hate God because I blamed him for every single hardship I went through. I used to get beaten up and cursed at by so many people and I fought against these people because I thought that was what being strong was all about it. I thought I was the fighter and the know it all. I lived my life by instinct and never thought about consequences. Then one day, I got sick. Very sick. I needed a heart transplant or else I would die. I took that risk and got it but i remember, that was the first time I actually looked up in the ceiling really scared and I asked God for help. I cried because I felt this heavy feeling in my chest. It felt like guilt and anger wrapped themselves around my chest and I just kept crying. I asked God for help. I asked him to give me the strength not to give up and to give me a second chance. I got through that operation. It's been a year since my operation and I still believe that it is because of God. I can't prove it but I feel my spirit exists for the first time in my life. I feel like I have a stronger power within me just because of my faith. I tried opening myself to my religion and realized that I can learn so many things about life and how to survive it. I learned that these obstacles that I still go through will always happen but there is always an answer. I learned so many things and I believe I am who I am today because I found my connection with God...

Religion can unite us but it can also tear the world apart. My brother is right, because of religion, we can reach the deepest part of being human. It makes sense because we are different from all the other animals that roam this earth. We have something that sets us apart and knowing that, it's full proof to me that a higher being exists. I will respect all the other religions because it helps different kinds of people, the same way my religion helped me. 

No comments: