I have an older brother and his name is Ben. The thing about Ben is... when you first meet him, he's not really going to talk to you. He will most probably ignore you. He won't listen to you if you talk to him about stupid stuff. His sense of humour is... just not like everybody else. He doesn't laugh in front of people he doesn't know... He loves (and I mean that... loves) being alone. He spends a lot of time in coffee shops or libraries reading or just researching on stuff for school. He works really hard. He spends a lot of time in his room making piano/guitar covers but he's very personal with them. He doesn't share it with anyone expect his close friends and family. He only has a handful of friends and it's really just them. It's hard to get to him... he won't talk about his problems and he likes to show his non-emotional side. He can watch tv for hours and not talk. He's a minimalist. His room is simple...nothing like mine. He doesn't over spend on anything. He only buys the things he needs and most of his money goes to his music. He can get pretty annoying. Especially when you really need him and he just tells you to figure it out. He has a short temper and he tells us that is why he prevents people. He doesn't depend on women to make him happy. He never exaggerates ANYTHING. It's funny because we all exaggerate but I have never seen Ben over-act on anything, from small things like movies to big things like family problems.
I know i just made my brother sound really really boring... but there's one part of him that just makes me forget everything that I wrote up there. He has a great mind. Underneath that introvert-tough-sarcastic exterior... he has the greatest mind. He is the most reasonable person I know in this planet and if you need him, he's there. He's got a temper, but when you need advice or help... he'll be there with open arms. He will make sure you understand. He will even run to you if he knows you need him. He's got a deep mind and that's why I know he doesn't get along with a lot of people but when you listen to what he has to say, it makes perfect sense.
Ben follows one thing in this life and because of it, he knows how to handle EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. It's called "Balance" and that is why I love him. I love him because that's how I know he's strong. He's my brother so he knows what our family goes through. He shows he's calm and it's only because he knows how to put himself together. He knows what to do at the right times and he always has the best advice.
I love you Ben. You're a great brother. You do your part and you know how to do it well. You never gave up on me or the family and that's another reason why admire you. You're so strong because you know how to hold yourself together at the hardest times but you don't only do it for yourself but for everyone else. Thanks, bro. You're great. You should know that.

No comments:
Post a Comment